K’anyi suo Igbo…
Let’s speak Igbo
Many Igbos, particularly within the diaspora, struggle to speak Igbo. This can be attributed to several factors, some of which were highlighted on the 1st episode of OkwuID’s discussion panel; Is the Igbo Language Dying
Language is a pivotal part of any culture or ethnic group. For us to ensure the survival of “Igboness” itself we must not let our language die out.
For those who are based within the London area, below are a list of Igbo learning resources to aid in your quest to learn, improve and/or practice your Igbo.
For free online Igbo lessons by Okwu ID click here
To Enrol on OKWU ID’s personalised Igbo Language and History Course
Click link: Online Igbo language, history and culture course
The course will be a pilot with a maximum capacity of 10 students, first come first serve.
Course outline: The draft course currently includes Igbo history/cultural lessons – live-streamed (ability to ask questions) and download Igbo language lessons – live streamed and downloadable Lesson plan (workbook) – Online/Printable Weekly call sessions with teacher (max 30 mins) Exam
To register interest please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes Hosted by Next Generation Naijas
Classes Hosted by ICSN
For more details or to register contact. email@example.com
Classes Hosted by YIWA
Visit www.yiwa.co.uk for more information on how to apply.
Classes Hosted by SOAS
Not currently running. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
IGBO LESSONS ONLINE:
Lessons Hosted by ILC
ONLINE IGBO LANGUAGE RESOURCES (FREE):
- Igbo online dictionary: https://www.igboguide.org/HT-vocabulary.htm
- Igbo flashcards and vocabulary: http://ilanguages.org/igbo.php
- Reading in Igbo – Online Igbo language Magazine: http://www.ndiigbokwenu.com/
- African languages support – Comics, books, and other resources: https://nwudo.com/about/
- Basic language course: https://www.livelingua.com/course/fsi/Igbo_-_Basic_Course
- Ezinaulo – https://ezinaulo.com/
USEFUL IGBO WEBSITES/ SOURCES
EZINAULO.COM – Focused on adults teaching themselves Igbo
IGBOPODCAST – Ọjị Abịala: An Igbo Podcast takes a revamped an innovative approach towards learning to speak the Igbo language guaranteed to make you at least conversant.
NWA ADA IGBO – Igbo language and cultural Instagram
IGBO FOCUS – Learn Igbo basics online
AKWUKWO – Teaching children Igbo
IGBO LANGUAGE MUSICIANS
- Voice of the Cross (Bro Emmanuel and Lazarus)
- Bro. Friday Okwe
- Patty Obasi
- Agnes Iroh (Madam Ladder) Continue reading “WHERE TO LEARN IGBO IN LONDON??”