Guess the Word Challenge with Nigerians. On in this video, the contestants (with little Igbo) try to translate some Igbo words at Okwu ID’s winter even last year.
The Okwu ID panel returns to discuss Kanye West’s endorsement of Donald Tump and some of the issues facing the black middle class.
Dec 2017 – Okwu ID hosted the 1st Young Igbo Forum (London UK) the question elaborated in this video: Was Nigeria designed by the British to fail? Is it a model that needs to be scrapped?
Dec 2017 – Okwu ID hosted the 1st Young Igbo Forum (London UK) the question elaborated in this video: Does Nigeria’s dysfunction exist by colonial design or is our dysfunction reflective of something deeper within the African psyche?
Dec 2017 – Okwu ID hosted the 1st Young Igbo Forum (London UK) the question elaborated in this video: Has the rise of Christianity amongst the Igbos come at the expense of Igbo (Nigerian) culture? Audience discussion.
JOIN OUR NEXT PUBLIC DEBATE @ #OKWUFEST (LONDON)
To support us: visit okwuid.com/shop
K’anyi suo Igbo…
Let’s speak Igbo
Many Igbos, particularly within the diaspora, struggle to speak Igbo. This can be attributed to several factors, some of which were highlighted on the 1st episode of OkwuID’s discussion panel; Is the Igbo Language Dying
Language is a pivotal part of any culture or ethnic group. For us to ensure the survival of “Igboness” itself we must not let our language die out.
For those who are based within the London area, below are a list of Igbo learning resources to aid in your quest to learn, improve and/or practice your Igbo.
For free online Igbo lessons by Okwu ID click here
Personalised Remote (Online) Classes Hosted by OKWU ID. (Postponed)
To Enrol on OKWU ID’s personalised Igbo Language and History Course
Click link: Online Igbo language, history and culture course
- Igbo history/cultural lessons – live-streamed (ability to ask questions) and download
- Igbo language lessons – live streamed and downloadable
- Lesson plan (workbook) – Online/Printable
- Weekly call sessions with teacher (max 30 mins)
To register interest please contact: email@example.com
Classes Hosted by Next Generation Naijas
Classes Hosted by ICSN
For more details or to register contact. firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes Hosted by YIWA
Visit www.yiwa.co.uk for more information on how to apply.
Classes Hosted by SOAS
Not currently running. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
IGBO LESSONS ONLINE:
Lessons Hosted by ILC
Lessons Hosted by REMEC
ONLINE IGBO LANGUAGE RESOURCES (FREE):
- Igbo online dictionary: https://www.igboguide.org/HT-vocabulary.htm
- Igbo flashcards and vocabulary: http://ilanguages.org/igbo.php
- Reading in Igbo – Online Igbo language Magazine: http://www.ndiigbokwenu.com/
- African languages support – Comics, books, and other resources: https://nwudo.com/about/
- Basic language course: https://www.livelingua.com/course/fsi/Igbo_-_Basic_Course
- Ezinaulo – https://ezinaulo.com/
IGBO LANGUAGE MUSICIANS
- Voice of the Cross (Bro Emmanuel and Lazarus)
- Bro. Friday Okwe
- Patty Obasi
- Agnes Iroh (Madam Ladder) Continue reading “WHERE TO LEARN IGBO IN LONDON??”